Skinpress Rss

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One of my Best Poems

1

I have read many poems, but some of are very close to my heart. This poem is one of them....


Sonnet to the pupils of Hindu College
 

Expanding like the petals of young flowers 
I watch the gentle opening of your minds. 
And the sweet loosening of the spell the binds, 
Your intellectual energies and powers, 
That stretch (Like young birds in soft summer hours) 
Their wings, to try their strength, O, how the winds 
Of circumstances and freshening April showers 
Of early knowledge and unnumbered kinds 
Of new perceptions shed their influence; 
And how you worship truth’s omnipotence. 
What joyance rains upon me, when I see 
Fame in the mirror of futurity, 
Weaving the chaplets you have yet to gain 
Ah then, I feel I have not lived in vain. 

 ***by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio

1 comments:

 
Blogger Widgets